Preschool, After School, Summer Camp, & more in Union City, CA
Your child’s future is affected by early childhood education. The foundation of a great preschool lasts throughout their academic career. We also offer enrichment in the form of after-school programs for children in kindergarten through 8th grade, including arrangements for transportation from their local school. Give your child the best possible advantage with Safari Kid in Union City, CA. Call 510-431-3167 today for information, or make an appointment below.
Deepa Tarunkumar – Director
- MBA in HR – DeVry University’s Keller Graduate School of Management
- AA in ECE – Penn Foster College , AZ
- Director @ Safari Kid Union City, Aug 2019 to Present
- Lead Preschool Teacher @ Safari Kid UC, Oct 2018 to Aug 2019
- Admin Assistant @ Safari Kid Newark, Mar 2018 to Aug 2019
- Lead Preschool Teacher and Admin Assistant @ Safari Kid Newark, Nov 2013 to April 2016
- Scoring Leader and Reader @ ETS, Sept 2007-Sep 2016
- Technical Writer @ Alphasoft Services, Dec 2000 to Mar 20002
- Nursing and Early Childhood Studies
- 6+ years at Safari Kid
- 3 years teaching Preschool with City of Fremont
- B.Sc ( Home Science)DU, India
- PG ( Nutrition)DU, India
- Pursuing Undergraduate Course in Early Childhood Education
- 3 Years in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching
- 10 Years in Nutrition
- Associate Teacher Certificate in Early Childhood Development from Chabot College
- 7 years Head Teacher at Learn and Play Montessori Pre-School
- Substitute Montessori teacher for 2 years at Little Flowers Montessori School
- Home DayCare provider for 5 years
Genesis Suarez Prado
- High School Diploma
- 3 ECE units and enrolled in college
- 1 year experience working in a child care facility
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication
- 12 core units ECE, Ohlone College
- 1 plus years experience working in a family day care
- Several years of experience working as a custodian
Safari Kid Open House coming up on Feb 1st , 2020 between 10 am to 12 pm.
Visit us at the Union City location to learn more about the program and have a look at the state of the art facility.
Discounts available during registration at Open House only!
Check out the video reviews for Safari Kid Union City –
1. What is the educational philosophy of the Safari Kid Preschool Center?
Safari Kid Preschool goal is to serve and guide every individual child of our community by providing High Quality Personalized Care and Customized Curriculum in a safe and nurturing learning environment that celebrates the diversity of all of our families through strong teacher commitment. We follow an eclectic approach in our teaching methodology.
2. How large is your center?
Our center is big and spacious with several classrooms. It has a well-maintained outdoor play area.
3. What is the educational background of your teachers?
All our staff are state certified in early childhood credentials along with sufficient experience and professional training in CPR and first aid. They are fingerprinted and cleared by state and federal authorities. As a standard norm we try to handpick our teachers laying a lot of emphasis on their nurturing qualities and their professional qualifications.
4. Is it required for my child to be potty trained? Do you help with potty training?
Potty training is not a requirement. You may have a meeting with the teacher and discuss the potty-training process. You are however required to provide supplies and extra clothes on an ongoing basis. All our teachers support the potty-training process in school.
5. What if my child cannot speak English?
Young children are still acquiring language skills at this tender age. Teachers are well trained to handle children who do not have English speaking capacity. We highly encourage parents to guide the teachers with some pointers (language cues used at home) that will help to ease the child at school. We encourage parents to read English picture books at home during bedtime as that will help the child to enjoy the story time at school and enhance vocabulary.
6. What are your center’s operational hours?
We are open from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM 5 days a week, Monday through Friday.
7. Is Safari Kid open all year round?
Yes. Not only is our center open year-round, but we also accept registrations and enroll child throughout the year. Please contact us to learn more about our convenient hours, summer program, minimal closure dates, and other ways Safari Kid supports working families
8. Are you doing virtual classes?
No, we are not offering any virtual classes for now.
9. Are you giving onsite tours of the facility?
Yes, we are giving onsite tours of our facility.
10. Are you a full-time program?
Yes, we are a full-time program with flexible enrollment options (part time and part days).
11. Are there any age requirements for your programs?
Our program serves children ages 2 years to 5 years.
12. Do you offer summer camps?
Yes! Our center is open year-round, and we offer a fun and enriching summer camp experience which includes: • Action-packed program that’s both fun and educational Contact us to learn more. Space is limited and early registration is encouraged!
13. What are the center’s COVID Protocols?
Safari Kid is trusted by parents around the country to care for their children. We follow CDC and State Guidelines to implement enhanced safety protocols for all areas including daily health screening, distancing, cleaning, and disinfecting. Our goal is to ensure that all of our health and safety practices in every center are in line with recommendations provided by the CDC and requirements of state and local municipalities, and have the well-being of children, families, and staff at their core.
We clean, disinfect and sanitize our toys, materials, equipment and our classrooms, and bathrooms daily and ensure mouthing toys are removed and disinfected immediately. We do temperature checks for all attending students and staff members every day. All staff members are vaccinated. They wear masks and use gloves at appropriate times (food service, diapering, cleaning etc.). Children are also encouraged to wear masks when they are indoors (except while eating and napping.)
Book a Tour
*Note: By completing and submitting this online form, I am authorizing Safari Kid to contact me at the phone number and/or email address I provided.
Explore other programs offered by Safari Kid
Safari Kid is an International Chain of Preschools and After School Programs, founded by Ms. Shy Mudakavi in the heart of Silicon Valley in Newark, California. Over fifteen years, 35,000 children going through the program have shown consistent excellence in elementary and middle schools.